Tag Archives: suspect

Fingerprint leads sheriff’s officials to Porter break-in suspect

A Wilson man has been charged with burglary following an investigation into a motor home in Porter.

The break-in occurred in October on Balmer Road where the motor home was being stored.

Niagara County Sheriff’s officials said Richard L. Baldwin, 33, was charged with third-degree burglary and fourth-degree grand larceny after a fingerprint was recovered at the scene by the sheriff’s Crime Scene Investigation Unit.

Baldwin was arraigned in Porter Town Court on Wednesday and released. He’s due back in court on Wednesday.

Read more at: http://www.niagara-gazette.com/news/crime/fingerprint-leads-sheriff-s-officials-to-porter-break-in-suspect/article_8c31ea4e-0cef-11e8-8cfa-d38c36c173ba.html

LIVE BLOG: Upatoi murder suspect who pleaded guilty testifies in trial

COLUMBUS, GA (WTVM) – Testimony resumed in the Upatoi triple murder trial in Columbus.

Rufus Burks is being tried for his role in the deaths of Gloria Short, her son Caleb and granddaughter Gianna Lindsey.

For the first time, we are hearing from one of the suspects in the Upatoi triple murder trial.

The 21 year old suspect, Raheam Gibson pleading guilty to charges last week ahead of the trial, in return having to testify against co-defednant, Rufus Burks, someone he says he knew only two months before the deadly night in Upatoi.

District Attorney, Al Whitaker: “Who was the person making the plans?”

Raheam Gibson: “Javarceay Tapley.”

District Attorney, Al Whitaker: “And what was those plans?”

Raheam Gibson: “To make a lick on his cousin house.”

District Attorney, Al Whitaker: “What is a lick?”

Raheam Gibson: “To Burglarize.”

Three suspects, Javarceay Tapley, Rufus Burks, and then there is Raheam Gibson.

Gibson holding fast to his testimony that he had

Read more at: http://www.wtvm.com/story/37439478/live-blog-upatoi-murder-suspect-who-pleaded-guilty-testifies-in-trial

Napa Shootings: 2 Hospitalized, Suspect Detained

NAPA, CA — UPDATED 1:45 p.m. Jan. 17: Two people were rushed to hospitals Wednesday morning with gunshot wounds suffered in shootings that happened near Napa schools, and police have the suspect in both shootings in custody, Napa Police Department officials said.

Wednesday at about 8:25 a.m., a shooting was reported in the parking lot of Starbucks at Jefferson Street and Lincoln Avenue, near Napa High School. In that incident, officers arrived to find a man in his 20s suffering from a gunshot wound to his abdomen, police Capt. Pat Manzer said. The victim was taken to Queen of the Valley Medical Center in Napa for surgery, Manzer said.

Witnesses to the shooting gave aid to the victim.

The suspect fled the scene in a vehicle, according to reports.

The incident prompted lockdowns at nearby Napa High School and Napa Valley Unified School District offices, and police in an alert at 8:30 a.m.

Read more at: https://patch.com/california/napavalley/police-activity-near-napa-high-school

Suspect dead after credit union robbery in Montpelier

MONTPELIER — A bank robbery suspect is dead after being shot by police in a standoff Tuesday behind Montpelier High School, authorities say.

Vermont State Police are investigating the shooting. The suspect has not been identified.

A nearby resident said he saw the suspect with a shotgun, but police haven’t made a public statement about a weapon. The school superintendent called it an alleged armed robbery.

No one else was injured, authorities said.

A male in a black hoodie robbed the Montpelier branch of the Vermont State Employees Credit Union on Bailey Avenue about 9:30 a.m., according to Rachel Feldman, the bank’s spokesperson. The robber stole an unspecified amount of money.

About half a dozen customers were in the bank along with employees, Feldman said.

After the robbery, the suspect ran toward the football field between the high school and the Vermont Department of Labor building, where he was confronted by police.

Montpelier High School was locked

Read more at: http://www.reformer.com/stories/suspect-dead-after-credit-union-robbery-in-montpelier,529635

UPDATED: Suspect dead after credit union robbery, standoff at …

Montpelier High School
Montpelier High School was placed on lockdown Tuesday during a standoff with an armed robbery suspect. Photo by Mike Dougherty/VTDigger

(This story was updated Jan. 16 at 2:30, 5 and 11:25 p.m.)

A bank robbery suspect is dead after being shot by police in a standoff Tuesday behind Montpelier High School, authorities say.

Vermont State Police are investigating the shooting. The suspect was identified as Nathan Giffin, 32, of Essex.

Police said he was armed with a handgun.

No one else was injured, authorities said.

A male in a black hoodie robbed the Montpelier branch of the Vermont State Employees Credit Union on Bailey Avenue about 9:30 a.m., according to Rachel Feldman, the bank’s spokesperson. Police later said the robber brandished a handgun and stole an unspecified amount of money.

Montpelier High SchoolRead more at: https://vtdigger.org/2018/01/16/armed-robbery-vermont-state-employees-credit-union-ends-standoff-montpelier-high-school/

Police ‘don’t identify a suspect in almost half of reported offences’ as officers say: "Some crimes simply aren’t …

POLICE in Dorset are now more likely to investigate complex cases of child abuse and cyber-attacks than traditional cases of theft and burglary amid reports the force is failing to identify a suspect in almost half of all crimes reported.

Of the 44,797 crimes reported over the past year, officers have yet to identify a person responsible for 20,641 of the offences – meaning there is no suspect 46 per cent of the time.

In Bournemouth Central – which includes town centre hotspots such as Holdenhurst Road, Old Christchurch Road and Exeter Road – more than 6,600 crimes were reported between January and November this year.

Offenders were dealt with at court in 347 occasions – making up 8.83 per cent of disposals.

However, no further action was required in 2,518 cases – 64.05 per cent of cases reported in the period. Of this

Read more at: http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/newS/15797788._Some_crimes_simply_aren___t_solvable___Police__don_t_identify_a_suspect_in_almost_half_of_reported_offences/

Police ‘don’t identify a suspect in almost half of reported offences’ as officers say: "Some crimes simply aren&#

POLICE in Dorset are now more likely to investigate complex cases of child abuse and cyber-attacks than traditional cases of theft and burglary amid reports the force is failing to identify a suspect in almost half of all crimes reported.

Of the 44,797 crimes reported over the past year, officers have yet to identify a person responsible for 20,641 of the offences – meaning there is no suspect 46 per cent of the time.

In Bournemouth Central – which includes town centre hotspots such as Holdenhurst Road, Old Christchurch Road and Exeter Road – more than 6,600 crimes were reported between January and November this year.

Offenders were dealt with at court in 347 occasions – making up 8.83 per cent of disposals.

However, no further action was required in 2,518 cases – 64.05 per cent of cases reported in the period. Of this

Read more at: http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/districts/bournemouth/15797788.Police___39_don__39_t_identify_a_suspect_in_almost_half_of_reported_offences__39_/

Suspect in triple murder at Belleville salon says prosecutors ‘have no evidence’ – Belleville News

The man accused of a triple murder in a Belleville hair salon in 2005 said in a jailhouse interview last week that he’s innocent, and that the prosecution knows it because they already charged someone else who was acquitted.

Samuel L. Johnson, 52, was charged last year with the murders of hairstylist Michael Cooney and two of Cooney’s clients, 79-year-old Doris Fischer and 82-year-old Dorothy Bone. The three were found stabbed to death on March 2, 2005 in Cooney’s home-based salon at 7813 W. Main St. in Belleville. Fischer and Bone were sisters.

“I am innocent,” Johnson said. “If you get a conviction, you will be convicting an innocent man.”

St. Clair County State’s Attorney Brendan Kelly charged Johnson last year. Johnson had been scheduled to go to trial last week, but the trial was continued at the request of the defense.

Never miss a local story.

Sign up

Read more at: http://www.bnd.com/news/local/article190144524.html

Anniston police searching for suspect in shooting that killed one, hospitalized another

Anniston police crime scene investigator Nathan Jackson takes measurements at the scene where Zondrick Foster, 22, was shot and killed. Another man, not identified by police, was shot in the chest and taken to the hospital. (Kirsten Fiscus / The Anniston Star)

Read more at: https://www.annistonstar.com/news/crime/anniston-police-searching-for-suspect-in-shooting-that-killed-one/article_0ef6907a-e11b-11e7-b022-1ff9912b5cef.html